Network Strategy Consultant
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned before Teamshares!
We are searching for a Operational & Strategy Lead to work within the Teamshares network and assist our employee-owned businesses with turnarounds, transformations, and growth. During an engagement, you’ll work directly with a network company, providing strategic support, coaching, and operational implementation to help them grow. This role may focus on helping presidents in a more advisory function in some cases, or in others, the actual job to be done is to be on-site co-management or full-time interim management.
Travel is expected at ~50%
- Bias to action. You act now to help fix a company.
- Strong interpersonal skills. In co-management situations, you work collaboratively with the president as their partner. In interim management situations, you calm the nerves of the team, and instill confidence in the employee-owners.
- Love of implementation and operations. This is not an ivory tower strategy role. It’s to quickly develop strategic changes, and implement them. It’s a move from advisor to principal. You are both the consultant and the CEO. The twist is that being the CEO of a startup or small business is a gritty operational job, not a strategy job from behind the desk.
- Running towards the fire. You can handle tough conversations. A company losing money is an intellectual puzzle, not something you run from.
Who You Are:
- 1-5 years of top-tier consulting experience or a combination of consulting and industry experience
- Demonstrated people leadership skills through past work experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; low-ego
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to build
- Project-management and problem-solving skills with a roll-up-the-sleeves, get-it-done attitude
- Business acumen and analytical skills to oversee company financials and develop business strategy
- Growth-mindset and a willingness to explore new ideas and innovations; not afraid to learn from your mistakes
- An ability to think creatively, be adaptable and curious
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.