Data Engineering Manager (Remote)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned before Teamshares!
What you will do:
- Manage and grow an engineering team tasked with developing data products that make employee ownership and wealth more accessible to thousands of low/mid-income employees in America
- Provide mentorship, professional guidance, and regular feedback to Teamshares engineers
- Build Teamshares' engineering culture, organization, and hiring process
- Facilitate technical architecture discussions that shape the long term foundation of our data products
- Collaborate with product, design, and business leadership to help define product roadmaps that prioritize solutions to core business problems
What you bring:
- Management or leadership experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Interest in education!
- An empathetic approach to and passion for solving customer problems
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous individual contributor (IC) experience using data engineering tools, python, and knowledge of technical best practices
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.