Corporate Paralegal (M&A Transactions)
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is on a mission to create $10 billion of new wealth for lower-income Americans through employee ownership. We’re a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. Before Teamshares, there wasn't an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned.
We are a 120+ person, remote-first, Series D funded company backed by QED Investors, Spark Capital, Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Inspired Capital, Slow Ventures and Union Square Ventures, among others.
What you will do:
- Assist Teamshares’ Attorneys and Senior Paralegal with various legal projects and responsibilities.
- Manage the closing process in the acquisition of small businesses.
- Maintain a document management and legal compliance system for each of Teamshares’ partner companies.
- Help implement and maintain the employee ownership program in each Teamshares partner company.
- Develop thoughtful and innovative strategies to improve the existing acquisition process.
- Collaborate with the product development team and drive continuous discussions of opportunities where software can be leveraged to augment efficiency and scale.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of M&A transaction experience in a law firm setting.
- A paralegal degree, certificate or similar training is preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication capabilities.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of work streams and work independently.
- Hands-on experience with most of the following:
- Managing and driving an M&A closing process (putting together signature pages, creating closing sets, overseeing closing checklists, etc.)
- Forming legal entities (filing formation or incorporation documentation and SS4s, etc.)
- Drafting Board and Shareholder/Member ConsentsEquity administration experience is preferred, but not required.
- Coordinating with third party vendors such as CSC to order lien searches.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is self-driven and wants to be part of a thriving start-up team where collaboration, work-life balance, trust and initiative (among other core values) are part of the fabric of the company. The Paralegal will bean integral part of the legal team responsible for acquiring small businesses and implementing thetransition to employee ownership. In addition, this role will collaborate with the product team to find and implement creative ways to improve and automate current processes.
Why you should join us:
We believe in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, 401k plan, and paid parental leave. We value time off and actually take our vacations, and we have a healthy work-life balance culture that checks egos at the door and truly unplugs at the end of the day. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.