Fractional Financial Controller
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
My Financial Partner is a subsidiary of Teamshares (a national, for-profit company helping American small businesses become employee owned. We bring the resources of big business to small business, starting with stock ownership). My Financial Partner (MFP) delivers fractional accounting resources to support these small and medium sized companies with a team of experienced accounting professionals.
Position: Fractional Financial Controller - Multiple Company Shared Financial Leadership
The objective of this position is to provide high-quality financial management. You will partner with the company presidents and employee-owners to implement financial oversight systems & processes and identify areas for profit improvement. As is common with small-medium companies, this is a hands-on active involvement role.
· Oversee all accounting operations, including Billing, AP/AR, GL, Inventory and revenue recognition for these companies.
· Serve as a strategic advisor to the company president.
· Lead the Company’s accounting and finance functions including supervising the existing accounting staff to assess and improve financial oversight processes.
· Evaluate and implement financial tools and systems as and develop business metrics.
· Partner with presidents and operational team to prepare financial budgets, forecasts, and other strategic projects.
· Serve as financial leader for the business, including identifying new revenue opportunities and company operational improvements in partnership with the company president.
· Developing internal control policies.
· Developing and document business processes.
· Perform risk management activities and develop plans to minimize risk.
· Oversee Treasury and cash management functions.
· Maintain effective working relationships with Teamshares Finance and outside CPA’s.
· This position is remote, although occasional travel may be required.
· Oversee month-end and year-end close process.
· Review Trial Balance perform variance analysis on key accounts.
· Implement and/or maintain accrual basis of accounting and gaap compliance.
· Ensure proper segregation of duties exist.
· Make year-end adjustments and prepare worksheets for tax.
· Assist with inventory adjustments associated with annual physical count.
· Manage lead bookkeeper.
· Prepare 1099’s.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field, CPA preferred.
· 10 years of progressive professional accounting experience.
· Experience in small to medium sized businesses.
· Experience with inventory preferred.
· Experience in Operational Finance and inventory issues with exposure to both financial and tax (reporting) accounting.
· Experience with QuickBooks Online.
· Experience with POS systems.
· Working knowledge of US GAAP.
· Experience working for a mid-market accounting firm strongly preferred.
· Ability to manage several client engagements simultaneously.
· Advanced project-management and problem-solving skills with a roll-up-the-sleeves, get-it-done attitude.
· Medical/Dental/Vision, 100% paid for employee.
· Paid time off.
· Ongoing support and advice from Teamshares accounting, finance, and small business experts.
· Small business Controller peers across the country from the Teamshares network.