San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
As the Director of Income Tax, this role will be responsible for managing tax department functions, including the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns, as well as providing support for income tax provisions.
- Review federal and multi-state income and franchise tax returns, along with all supporting workpapers.
- Review quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Address and resolve tax notices and handle other miscellaneous tax-related matters.
- Prepare supporting calculations for interim and annual income tax provisions.
- Provide requested tax information to various departments within the organization.
- Ensure adherence to established income tax processes and procedures by overseeing internal control activities.
- Work with the Partners to identify and implement tax planning initiatives and process improvements.
- Supervise a team of staff-level tax accountants.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Advanced degree with a focus on U.S. taxation (preferred)
- CPA certication
- Minimum 8 years of experience in handling consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns, multi-state income tax returns, and income tax accounting
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations and compliance requirements