Technical Accounting Automation Specialist
IT, Accounting & Finance
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
This role will be critical for the development of accounting product at Teamshares that will significantly reduce the currently heavy manual efforts required to take companies through the GAAP playbook and prepare acquisition-related activities. Our product managers and engineers will need to partner with dedicated resources from an accounting perspective who can help ensure that our product is user friendly for network companies while also providing the insights and data necessary for execution at Teamshares. While our current team has the know-how to contribute, they do not have the bandwidth to focus fully on developing accounting content for product while also serving the network in their existing capacities.
This role can also help us build critical automations for reporting that combines OneStream data with data from other sources (network company ERP, Plaid/Codat banking information, etc.) in order to produce audit-ready reports that were previously built by our team or external advisors in heavily manual fashion, and work directly with the audit team to resolve any questions they may have.
Ideally, this expertise will come from someone who has experience in providing similar insights in public accounting firms. We’re looking to produce automated accounting solutions at scale via product in a way that accounting firms are already solving for in an effort to handle the same specialized areas we encounter. A perfect candidate will be someone who has experience both in the application of technical accounting topics, and experience in developing and implementing solutions beyond the Excel and Google based tools we rely on today.
What you'll do
- Participate in the development of software tools to implement GAAP across our network of companies. This role will work with product developers and software engineers to design solutions to analyze existing accounting processes and policies, identify areas in which uplift is necessary to comply with GAAP, and create an action plan for implementation. Work with product specialists to create tools and content for network companies to learn how to use our platform, as well as to better understand the critical accounting concepts required for GAAP compliance.
- Assist in the adoption of GAAP across our network of companies leveraging our developed software. This role will work with the accounting teams at our network companies to leverage our platform to achieve GAAP compliance. This would also include evaluation of existing tools, or development of new tools and templates as necessary, to achieve implementation.
- Assist in development of scalable procedures to drive processes efficiently, bringing automation into processes as applicable for areas such as annual close procedures, audit tracking, network company integrations, and other opportunities that may arise.
- Collaborate with our transaction team to automate purchase accounting analyses and prepare the related adjusting entries, as well as automation of associated documentation.
- Centralize the documentation of processes and policies across the network to ensure consistency, and to facilitate continued learning as new companies join the network.
- Ensure consistent implementation and continued GAAP compliance post adoption.
Who you are:
- Deep understanding of the application of US GAAP across a broad spectrum of topics, including ASC 842 and ASC 606. Experience with implementing tech solutions to automate accounting-related tasks.
- Ability to mentor and motivate accounting teams with little to no experience with US GAAP.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to distill complex financial matters into concise narratives. Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic accounting environment.
- A desire and comfort in working in a constantly changing and unpredictable environment.
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and shift between priorities.
- Critical thinker capable of initiating process improvements and problem-solving.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and desire to learn a broad range of industries and topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- 5-10 years of experience of relevant experience in audit, accounting advisory or other accounting functions
- CPA preferred