Senior Software Engineer, Android
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school and helping tens of thousands of users manage their time and stay better connected with friends. The majority of our users are active daily. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. Come join us if you want to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working on a cross-disciplinary team, leveraging your extensive knowledge and experience building complex apps
- Partnering with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences
- Driving a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Developing and owning large user-facing features / epics from design through implementation and launch
- Shepherding the app architecture through best practices and engineering excellence
- Playing an important role in leveling up the team’s technical depth and efficiency
- Getting down in the trenches, writing automated tests and providing high quality feedback in code reviews - no task is beneath you
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of relevant Android product development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to mentor and motivate team
- An extensive understanding of Kotlin, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose and the Android SDK
- Experience crafting highly performant code and UI layouts, with proficiency in diagnosing performance bottlenecks
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience integrating and working with Amplitude (bonus points)
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.