Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Saturn Technologies - Software Engineer, React / Web
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school and helping tens of thousands of users manage their time and stay better connected with friends. The majority of our users are active daily. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, Dara Khosrowshahi, Dick Costolo and Adam Bain’s 01 Advisors, Elad Gil, Hadi Partovi, Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, and other top venture investors. If you’re looking to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team, come join us!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working on a cross-functional team, utilizing your extensive knowledge and experience in building complex applications.
- Collaborating with Product Managers and Designers from the beginning of projects to create user-friendly experiences.
- Communicating and managing relationships with client engineers on iOS and Backend to ensure seamless integration.
- Promoting a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team setting.
- Guiding the app architecture to align with industry best practices and engineering excellence.
- Playing a crucial role in elevating the team's technical skills and efficiency.
- Being hands-on, writing automated tests, and providing thorough feedback in code reviews - no task is too small.
You Should Have:
- 3+ years of consumer-facing web frontend product development experience
- 2+ years of experience with React JS
- Desire to solve hard and engaging engineering problems
- An understanding of how the web works with experience developing applications
- Test frameworks (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine)
Nice to have:
- Up-to-date knowledge on modern browser rendering mechanics, web APIs, and CSS layouts
- Familiarity with Redux, RxJS, and styled-components (CSS in JS)
- Expert capability in diagnosing & solving web performance bottlenecks
- Desire to be involved in the product development life cycle from user interviews, design sprints, and problem alignment in close collaboration with designers
This position has an estimated annual salary range of $145,000 to $170,000, not including bonus, commission, and equity. This position also comes with full benefits and stock options. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to reach candidates, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.