Senior Software Engineer - Backend
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Regal.io empowers businesses to add a human touch at key moments in their online experiences in order to win customers over and drive more sales. Our branded, event-driven calls and texts skyrocket answer rates by treating customers like royalty, and drive 25%+ more revenue. Growing revenue is the top priority for every C-level executive. Marketing spend and website optimization is table stakes already, and now the fastest growing businesses are adding a human touch to better convert website visitors. 100+ leading brands including SoFi, Ro, Angi, The Farmer's Dog, Fidelity Life, Career Karma and AAA use Regal.io to proactively engage their customers in real-time with event-driven calls and text messages, which result in higher conversion and more revenue.
Our team is led by industry veterans who previously built Handy (acq. by IAC / ANGI Homeservices in ‘18), and the rest of our team is made up of customer-obsessed, fun and hardworking team members across product, engineering, marketing, sales and more! We share common set of values that we look for in every new hire:
*Customers are royalty
*Data beats opinion
*Fast-paced execution wins
*Enjoy the journey
Come join us as we create a category-defining company!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer as we grow our young, highly motivated Platform Engineering team. Just one year into building the product, we are already processing 10s of millions of events and 10s of thousands of calls and sms daily, growing double digits month over month.
Our Stack: Programming Languages: Python, Typescript, React. Infrastructure: Kinesis, Lambda, Dynamo, Postgres, Redis
- Own the platform backing our product - including: streaming data ingestion, automation, integrations
- Collaborate with Product Engineering and Product to conceptualize and architect new platform functionality
- Scale the platform so we can process 100s of millions of daily events and sustain our incredible growth trajectory
- Act as a force multiplier for the platform engineering team on building new functionality - including digging into the code to unblock them, helping them with design and technology adoption choices, and acting as a mentor
- Leverage your strong experience with systems architecture design to drive technical decisions and independently own major feature work to completion
- Set standards across the Engineering team for best practices, scalability, maintainability, performance
- Set standards for monitoring system performance and debugging / investigating issues
- 5-12+ years experience building and supporting production-ready, web scale platforms
- Extensive experience with Python OR expert level experience with a strongly typed language like Go or Java
- Extensive experience with building cloud native solutions (AWS preferred)
- Extensive experience with real-time streaming event processing
- Strong communication skills. Ability to articulate the value of complex architectural work to business stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate discussions within your team and cross-functionally
- A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
- Passion for learning and mentoring -- always improving yourself and the team around you
- Competitive compensation packages, including early stage equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO & 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (80% covered by Regal for individuals and all dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Happy hours, team outings, & biannual off/onsites
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
- & more!
POSITION LOCATION & OFFICES:
This position is available in New York City or Boston.
We have offices in NYC (NoMad), Boston (Downtown/Financial) and San Francisco (Financial District). In office is required T/W/TH. Office optional M/F. Covid protocols and vaccination policy in place.