Senior Software Engineer (Workflow Engine)
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our workflow engine team at Paragon! As an early member of our team, you will work to architect, develop, and maintain Paragon's workflow engine and work to build and scale distributed systems to serve billions of requests. If this sounds exciting to you, we'd love to chat!
You'll work with us in our office in West LA, or if you're currently based somewhere else in the US, we can sponsor your relocation to Los Angeles or work together remotely.
Compensation range: $150 - $175k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Note: Please apply via Lever to be considered for this role: https://jobs.lever.co/useparagon.com
What you'll do
- Architect, develop, and maintain Paragon's workflow engine to improve product performance and scalability
- Build distributed systems and fine-tune performance at-scale
- Work closely with product to design and implement new product features
- Build and monitor dashboards to track uptime, error rates, processing rates, and other SLOs (service level objectives)
- Understand customer use cases and help make key product/architecture decisions
- Help lead the growth of our engineering team and shape Paragon's culture
You should have
- 4+ years experience in backend engineering
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture at production scale (100M+ requests/mo)
- Experience working with SQL databases (e.g. Postgres) and caches (e.g. Redis) at scale
- Confidence working in a high-autonomy, fast-paced environment where you'll be responsible for decisions that influence the direction of the company
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with React and TypeScript
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Etcd, lambdas, and tools common in distributed systems
- Experience with DevOps (Grafana, Prometheus, Terraform)
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual team retreats
- (Optional) Relocation to LA
Paragon is an embedded integration platform for SaaS apps - we enable companies to build products that integrate with the SaaS ecosystem. With Paragon, software companies can integrate with hundreds of different SaaS apps in minutes while providing their customers with a seamless, unified integration experience. Our vision is to build the connecting layer for all software that enables every application in the world to work together seamlessly.
In the last year, we’ve grown by over 6x and now work with nearly 100 customers around the world. We’ve raised over $16M from world-class investors like Inspired Capital, Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Soma Capital, and Village Global, and have been featured in Techcrunch and Forbes.
See more open positions at Paragon
Something looks off?