Product Manager (API & Portal)
Orum is an intelligent all-in-one payments platform that unlocks instant, intelligent money movement in any direction with a single API. Powered by proprietary payment intelligence, Orum optimizes transactions for speed, cost, and risk, enabling intelligent routing across multiple rails – revolutionizing how consumers and businesses send, receive and access money. Orum’s vision is to power a better financial system where everyone has the freedom to build to their potential.
The Orum team is helmed by expert fintech operators from LearnVest, Marqeta, N26, Square, Stripe, and Stash and has raised over $82M from leading investors, including Accel, Canapi, Bain Capital Ventures, Inspired Capital, Homebrew, Acrew, BoxGroup, Clocktower Ventures, Primary Ventures, SVB Capital, and American Express Ventures. To learn more, visit Orum.io.
At Orum, we are a remote-first and people-first company. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. We have thoughtfully invested in the right tools and practices that will enable individuals to bring their best selves to work while having the flexibility and support to enjoy their personal lives. We are committed to cultivating an equitable and inclusive work environment where everyone's voice matters. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
All communication related to recruitment activities will originate from an @orum.io email address. All interviews will be conducted via zoom with video enabled. We will never ask for sensitive information via email. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent job offer, or scam interview, please reach out to email@example.com.
We are seeking an API and Portal Product Manager to create and execute a strategic roadmap for our API suite and customer portal at Orum. This role will have a direct impact on our core metrics of number of customers, Time to Value (time from contract signing to go live), Total Payments Volume (TPV) and Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR).
The API and Portal PM will be responsible for owning the experience that our developer customers have when they evaluate, integrate to, and test our APIs. This role also oversees our customer portal, which enables developers and business users to obtain key reporting and analytics information.
As a PM you will define the vision and strategy for a world-class API suite and portal experience that helps deliver the value of our payments offerings to our customers. You will be the voice of the developer to ensure developer needs are clearly defined and understood among stakeholders. You will translate the needs of internal and external stakeholders into product requirements for engineering teams to execute, and help our go-to-market teams to package and message the value of our offerings to prospects and customers.
The API and Portal PM will lead the evolution of our API suite to accommodate new use cases and payment rails, while remaining simple and easy to utilize for our customers. This role will also support the development of new products as we expand beyond payments orchestration, for example, by leveraging Request for Payment to further democratize access to instant, trusted funds access. The PM will also develop Orum’s portal as a key asset for our customers to obtain insights about their payments’ performance and manage their program.
You will be part of a team of collaborative, thoughtful, and customer-obsessed product managers. The team’s collective mission is to deliver payment solutions that enable our customers to grow by making money movement seamless, frictionless, and simple. Product is also responsible for delivering business growth for Orum, by developing offerings that attract customers and drive volume and revenue for the company.
In addition to the product team, you will work closely with multiple cross-functional stakeholders (engineering, compliance, analytics, delivery, sales, marketing, and customer success) to define and prioritize new capabilities and to bring those capabilities to life.
Within 1 Month, You’ll:
- Understand Orum’s current product capabilities and platform architecture
- Conduct customer research to refine our understanding of customer pain points, challenges, and potential opportunities
- Update our prioritization and focus areas for the short and medium term
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Research and scope enhancements to our API suite that support further flexibility for use cases and flows of funds
- Enhance our customer-facing reporting and analytics capabilities
- Improve our testing and integration offerings for developers that ease and speed up integration timeframes (e.g. code snippets, SDKs)
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Launch the next version(s) of our existing APIs
- Standup new endpoints that expand our payments initiation capabilities and/or obtain necessary data to manage the lifecycle of users throughout the value chain
- Partner with GTM teams to build tools that visualize and bring to life the value proposition of our solutions
- Contribute to our next big bet in payments innovation
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOU
- Have a 3+ track record of delivering outcomes for customers, not just features
- Have a passion or strong desire to learn about payments technology and its future. You are deeply curious about what is happening next in the industry and how to make money movement smart, instant, and automated
- Have had previous ownership and decision making over a transaction-based API
- Are a former software engineer or have a computer science background (but this is a plus, not a requirement!)
- Desire to make a big impact - setting direction for how to translate big goals on money movement and faster payments into a tangible, API product that developers want to integrate with and easily integrate with and manage
- Like finding the balance between simplicity and robustness
- Have strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Are an excellent communicator and believe that regularly giving and soliciting feedback to stakeholders and peers is critical to achieving our business objectives
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and drive; you understand how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content, capital, and talent) to develop and realize a vision
At Orum, we pride ourselves on articulating a clear and transparent philosophy around equitable, impartial compensation that will allow us to recruit and retain an exceptional team. Base salary is market driven at the point in time of offer and is based on tier 1 market data. The base salary for this role will range between $160,000 to $176,000 and is determined on a few factors including your skills, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews, and leveling.
About our Benefits
- Location-agnostic premium competitive salary
- Employee stock incentive plan
- 401(k) match
- Access to free, confidential 1-on-1 sessions with trusted financial advisors
- Take what you need PTO
- 12 paid holidays & 1 week company wide paid time off in December
- Paid company wide mental health days
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid medical premiums for you and your family, as well as dental and vision plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Expense funds to support team members’ wellbeing
- Medical travel
- Home office
- Biweekly meeting-free deep work days
- Referral bonus incentives
- Ongoing professional development
Not sure if you meet the qualifications? Keep reading…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single point on the job description, we encourage you to apply. We promise to review your application.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to developing a barrier-free and inclusive recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Something looks off?