Dental CAD/CAM Designer, Crown & Bridges (US)
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
We are looking for a CAD/CAM Designer to join our rapidly growing venture-backed company. The CAD/CAM Designer will operate as part of an in-house design team. You will be responsible for designing fixed restorations to ensure that orders are fabricated at the highest quality standards per customer deadlines.
If you’re looking to disrupt the dental industry status quo and contribute to building and scaling a “Gold Standard Design Department” with aggressive growth targets, this is the right place for you! We don’t just want to offer you a job; we want to help you build a career by providing you with future opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Do
- Design dental CAD Full Contour Crowns, Bridges, and Diagnostic wax-ups
- Design cases according to Doctors' prescription requests using 3Shape CAD/CAM software
- Maintain strong attention to detail to produce high-quality designs that meet doctors' specifications every time
- Communicate with our internal team to relay design questions or issues to Doctors
What We're Looking For
- Experienced user of 3Shape Design software required
- Minimum 3 years experience as a dental laboratory CAD/CAM designer focusing on highly aesthetic anterior and posterior crown & bridge design
- Proficient in dental anatomy/terminology/morphology
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining superior quality standards for every case
- Desire to work at a fast-growing, fully-digital lab
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus, but not required
- CDT degree a plus, but not required
- Implant experience is a plus but not required
Bonus Points For
- Previous Quality Control experience
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Experience with marketplace models
- Part of a startup acquisition or IPO
- Relentlessly positive attitude, a strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $50,000-75,000 plus equity. Actual compensation is based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the primary work location, candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?