Senior Associate, Growth
Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We're Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it's really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses - like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others - struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That's where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench - Copilot - compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $100k - $140k
Equity range: 0.005% to 0.03%
What We’re Looking For:
Kalepa is looking for an exceptional Client Success Senior Associate with 3+ years of experience. We are a remote-friendly startup that is building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Kalepa is headquartered in New York City.
Candidate will be expected to take ownership of and develop Kalepa’s Copilot’s software client organization, in partnership with and reporting to the Director of Client Success. Kalepa’s clients include some of the largest insurance carriers in the US, as well as smaller regional carriers and MGAs (Managing General Agents). You will be expected to ensure that Kalepa’s clients have the highest levels of satisfaction, retention, and revenue expansion, and actively support the development of a world-class Client Success team. User support, client software instance management, and the ability to connect with and present to senior executives are all part of the role. Travel to clients will be required and encouraged when practicable.
Note: You must be based in the continental US.
Specific elements of the role include:
- Direct, proactive underwriter relationship-building, engagement, and responsiveness
- C-level executive presentation and preparation
- Planning, executing, and leading user training at our clients
- Leading 1:1 and group user sessions to gather feedback, educate, and ensure clients are getting utmost value from Copilot
- Copilot client instance management and QA
- Usage monitoring
- Training video development
- Coordination with Product to support Copilot’s growth via issue identification, remediation tracking, and enhancement drafting
- You have 3+ years of SaaS client success, consulting, and/or sales engineering experience
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You are commercially oriented and data-driven. You are excited about bringing a world-class solution to clients to rapidly grow ARR.
- You love being the voice of the customer. You understand their problems and needs in detail and always look for better ways to address them.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
As a plus:
- InsurTech, FinTech, or other B2B SaaS experience
- Experience at a venture-backed startup during hypergrowth
- Experience with SQL
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – senior associate at a fast-growing startup
- Excellent benefits: 100% covered medical, 100% covered vision and dental, and others.
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Global team offsites.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Mastercard, and Uber. Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.); former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital; and leaders in financial services and technology, including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.