Machine Learning Engineer (USA)
Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We're Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it's really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses - like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others - struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That's where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench - Copilot - compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $100k – $150k
Equity range: 0.005% – 0.025%
What we are looking for:
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You have in-depth understanding of applied machine learning algorithms, especially NLP, and statistics
- You are experienced in Python and its major data science libraries, and have deployed models and algorithms in production
- You are comfortable with data science as well as with the engineering required to bring your models to production.
- You are excited about using a wide set of technologies, ultimately focused on finding the right tool for the job.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You have hands-on experience with data analytics and data engineering.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- 100% covered PPO medical, 100% covered vision and dental for individuals and families.
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Healthy living/gym stipend. Mobile phone bill stipend.
- Continuing education credits.
- Home office stipend.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Global team offsites.