Trucking is a $637 billion-dollar industry in North America and we’re looking to grow our piece of the pie in it! At FleetOps, our focus is first on truck drivers - and we need your help.
We’re looking to hire a UX Researcher that will help better understand our users’ needs, and spread a culture of human-centered, qualitative research throughout the company.
The successful candidate has experience in defining problems, selecting the appropriate research methods, synthesizing insights, evaluating prototypes and assisting with building and releasing projects. You will be supporting multiple teams throughout the research process and therefore presenting research methods and results will be crucial.
*Note that this position, in part, requires the candidate to spend time in the field with truck drivers and/or other logistics parties (e.g. visiting truck stops, meeting with truck drivers in-person, observing their behavior in natural settings, etc.); therefore, the successful candidate has proven experience in conducting field research. *
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan research so that we can better understand our users and uncover new opportunities
- Guide research activities to define current user pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs in accordance with current priorities
- Moderate workshops, in-person interviews, and remote sessions
- Act as a repository of research-based knowledge for the organization
- Facilitate research by collecting, analyzing, and producing insights to lead the team toward user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence company strategy and guide key stakeholders to better understand user needs
- 5+ years of UX research experience with field work expertise
- Keen ability to empathize with users and learn about their motivations and behaviors
- Strong analytic ability for interpreting patterns and trends
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies (ethnographic research, case studies, in-person interviews, action research, etc.)
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
- Experience in conducting research with truck drivers
- Experience in the logistics industry
- Experience in conducting remote research
- 4 weeks PTO
- Healthcare coverage (US & Canada)
- Initial discussion
- Time speaking with a member of the team about your previous experiences, culture fit, and working style (15-30 min)
- Team interview(s)
Something looks off?