VP, Community Experience
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States, with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago, DC, and San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced executive to lead the Community experiences for our members — creating opportunities for our members to connect and grow together as leaders. This role drives the Community strategy across our experiences — Events, Local Clubhouse Operations, Regional Community Management, and our Digital Community Groups. The ideal candidate is based in New York but able to travel as needed across the US.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the overarching strategy for community engagement at Chief, bringing members together in local and regional markets and across other key dimensions such as function, industry, seniority, and intersectional identities.
- Clearly articulate the strategy for local community engagement across all of the Chief markets as our members continue to desire more in-person experiences focused on clear learning and outcomes.
- Lead definition of a member segmentation and curation strategy that ensures we are being thoughtful about whom we bring together as part of each event and experience.
- Define a perspective on how we evolve our digital community strategy and moderation for key community groups that span across geographic areas.
- Design an Events strategy that helps to deliver leadership outcomes for senior executives that can be executed both nationally to all members and uniquely for local markets. Partner closely with the Programming team within Marketing to align on content strategy and speakers.
- Manage the Community team across our major markets, enabling them to understand members within their markets, their unique leadership needs and how best to bring this community together to build connection and learning.
- Manage the day-to-day Local Operations of the five clubhouses across the US, and utilize our spaces to drive engagement across the community.
- Continue to adapt, iterate, and refine our strategy, solutions, and content based on member feedback and impact to ensure results meet objectives.
- Develop a perspective on the best way to measure impact and member outcomes against your strategy.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Extensive experience designing, creating, and implementing in-person, local experiences to drive Community and Engagement.
- Strong leadership and management skills, particularly managing Community and Hospitality teams.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – you love to dig into opportunities, and build unique experiences that are tailored to our member base.
- Goal-oriented — you set clear and measurable objectives, can manage budgets and move with intention, speed, and precision.
- Energized by member interactions – you enjoy being customer facing, partnering to understand members’ needs, and building ongoing relationships.
- The ability to become a trusted and respected business partner recognized for developing a strong point of view and best practices for developing Community experiences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced/startup environment with multiple initiatives
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $250,000
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.