Strategic Finance Manager
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of TIME Magazine’s 2023 “100 Most Influential Companies” and one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing unicorn startup, Series B stage company backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Manager, Strategic Finance will lead budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes around our B2C revenue streams, sales and marketing spend and funnel, and LTV / CAC. You will find new ways to present this data that is meaningful and use your findings to provide recommendations as to how Chief should market to potential new members and how we can optimize member retention.
Additionally, you will own the Weekly Business Review (WBR) process and deliverables by partnering with the RevOps, Sales, Marketing and Enterprise business partners. The WBR is distributed to Chief’s senior leadership team and is used to highlight risks and opportunities to help drive real-time business decisions.
Beyond our current business models, you will also partner with the Director, Strategic Finance on new discovery work as it relates to new verticals/business opportunities, as well as ad hoc strategic projects. This includes building bottoms-up financial models from scratch and conducting market research, pricing, and post-mortem analyses.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Finance, you will play a key role in delivering compelling strategic recommendations to the business that will drive improved performance, higher returns, and optimal resource allocation.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee Chief’s sales and marketing expense budgets and forecast by revenue line, including headcount spend.
- Manage the Weekly Business Review process and deliverables by partnering with the RevOps, Sales, Marketing and Enterprise teams.
- Set budget targets by defining and performing return on investment analyses by line item.
- Define sales and marketing spend strategy by analyzing LTV/CAC by revenue line and geography.
- Optimize Chief’s labor model to ensure resource allocation needs are met across the business to achieve financial goals and maximize productivity.
- Partner with RevOps to set quotas and commissions for the Sales team.
- Manage the B2C revenue forecasts, including marketing and sales funnel metrics.
- Perform ad hoc and new business strategic analysis/discovery work.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure revenue and cost models align to month-end close.
What You’ve Done and Enjoy Doing:
- Relevant work experience in Strategic Finance or FP&A at a fast-paced company.
- Possess the ability to influence business partners and effectively drive processes independently.
- Expert knowledge of financial statements, ROI and new business analysis, in addition to corporate finance concepts.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to move quickly with little structure or guidance.
- Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative working style; can communicate complex ideas effectively and simply to all levels of management.
- Self-starter, inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, work ethic, a learning mindset, positive attitude, and willingness to embrace unstructured environments and challenges.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a high growth company focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $150,000
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.