Senior Salesforce Engineer
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Senior Salesforce Engineer to join our in-house SFDC Team. The SFDC team is responsible for supporting the Sales, Support and Revenue teams at Chief and we are excited to fill the role of Senior Engineer to continue to build out our processes for our internal teams. This hands-on development role will be responsible for working closely with the Lead Engineer and Architect to develop and deliver best-in-class business processes as well as building customizations as we centralize operations within Salesforce.
- Work directly with Lead Engineer and Architect to break down solutions into tickets that iterate us towards our ideal long term designs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining automated unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing primarily on Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and CPQ (Revenue integrations into 3rd party revenue systems, not SF Billing)
- Maintain, evolve, and document existing Salesforce codebase and deployment processes
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and recommendations to continuously improve our stack
- Be a role model in delivering high-quality code on-time, despite high degrees of complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrate ownership for features post-release, including long-term deliveries and follow-up releases
- Actively participate in refining user stories, team retrospectives, and other agile ceremonies
- Use APEX, Visualforce and LWC to enable new functionality and extend existing apps within our organization.
- Implement and manage a modern development process from feature inception to production deployment.
- Use common web service technologies–REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.–to bring data into and out of Salesforce
- Design and develop APIs, Services, and orchestration layers to keep the platform extensible and open to external services.
- Contribute to medium and long-range plans based on the roadmap
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive, recent and continuous hands-on experience with Salesforce developing and configuring full end to end features
- Excellent knowledge of git branching code/metadata conflict management
- Experience with scaling/performance tuning of highly available, observable, and stable systems and services
- Experience in design and development of data models and data integrity checks.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading a team of junior developers to enforce best coding practices
- In depth CPQ experience and knowledge preferred
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to independently drive the most impactful business features to production, all while helping support proper unit testing and contributing to our new test suite.
You Get Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ (and integrations into 3rd party billing systems)
- Experiencing migrating away from Person Account schemas
- Experience with ELT processes integrated with Salesforce.
- Proficiency with other development stacks (Node, Django, Rails, etc.)
Why You’ll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
The base salary for this role is: $165,000