Member Support Manager, UK
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, and London.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The UK Member Support Manager is a key individual contributor, responsible for achieving UK member retention goals, contributing strategic improvements to our membership renewal strategy, and having meaningful touchpoints with members to deliver an exceptional experience. The UK Member Support Manager maintains deep knowledge of Chief’s products and services to offer support and guidance as members embark on their future years of membership.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of exceptional executive presence, proven sales acumen, and customer success operational skills. We are looking for someone with experience owning renewals, establishing and maintaining strong relationships, strategic communications, and leveraging data to drive decisions. This role is a dual role that requires a focus on renewal negotiations and relationship management, working with members throughout their experience with Chief.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute on the monthly renewals process across the UK - ensuring that each member who reaches out for support has an impactful touchpoint that drives their retention, achieving both individual and team retention goals on a quarterly basis
- Manage a large pipeline and high volume of inquiries and maintain comprehensive knowledge of Chief’s services, products, and network
- Serve as the voice of members to help the broader Chief team continue to iterate on services
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders on projects designed to improve member retention
- Work directly with members via email and phone to provide support on how to best navigate their Chief membership to achieve their personal and professional goals
- Drive member success and retention through impactful and clear written and verbal communications
- Assist members who may face challenges navigating or getting the most value out of their membership
- Address member feedback and questions in a timely manner
Who You Are:
- Self-starter with experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, or similar customer-focused role, and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding renewal goals
- Strategic thinker that can effectively balance representing/advocating for both Chief and the member
- Exceptional people skills and a passion for building relationships
- Comfortable owning KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and adhering to detailed operating procedures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving work environments
- Ability to present to and influence at all levels, including executive and C-level
- Creative problem solver who is confident leading complex conversations
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for the Company’s mission — to change the face of leadership
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home, and Learning Stipends
The base salary for this role is: £86,000.