Member Success Manager
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage company backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Member Success Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure member success upon membership cancellation request (either at time of renewal or mid-membership) to achieve best in class retention rates and mitigate churn
- Achieve retention goals on a monthly and quarterly basis, including member turnarounds
- Renewal negotiations via phone, email and SMS communication
- Field mid-membership cancellations and renewal cancellations
- Report on retention metrics and actionable insights/areas of opportunity for other teams to consider
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders on projects designed to enable and improve member retention through optimized, cross-functional operating procedures
- Identify and share member insights helping shape the direction of Chief member offerings to support member value realization
Member retention is integral to supporting Chief’s mission, and is a top goal for our organization. The Member Success Manager (MSM) is a key individual contributor, responsible for achieving monthly member retention goals and contributing strategic improvements to our membership renewals strategy. MSMs maintain deep knowledge of Chief’s products and services to offer support and guidance as members embark on their future years of membership. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of exceptional executive presence, proven sales acumen, and customer success operational skills. We are looking for someone with experience owning renewals, establishing and maintaining strong relationships, strategic communications, and leveraging data to drive decisions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Achieving both individual and team retention goals on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Executing on monthly renewals process across all markets - ensuring that each member who reaches out for support has an impactful touchpoint that drives their retention
- Managing a large pipeline and high volume of inquiries
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Chief’s services, products, and network
- Serving as the voice of member to help the broader Chief team continue to iterate on services
- Working cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders on projects designed to improve member retention
Who You Are:
- Self-starter with experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, or similar customer-focused role, and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding renewal goals
- Strategic thinker that can effectively balance representing/advocating for both Chief and the member
- Comfortable owning KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and adhering to detailed operating procedures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving work environments
- Able to present to and influence at all levels, including executive and C-level
- Creative problem solver who is confident leading complex conversations
- Passion for the Company’s mission — to change the face of leadership
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $110,000
Something looks off?