Customer Success Associate
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Canvas Medical is the electronic medical records (EMR) and payments development platform for healthcare. We build modern, elegant front- and back-end tooling to enable new ways for developers and clinicians to collaborate to solve healthcare’s toughest challenges. Canvas is institutionally backed by some of the greatest technology investors in the world (funded notable health tech companies such as GoodRx, Oscar Health, and Hims & Hers Health).
At Canvas, Customer Devotion is a fundamental company value. The Canvas Customer Success team combines customer support, sales, implementation, and account management support to provide a comprehensive customer experience. We also prioritize building relationships with our established customers to become a trusted advisor as they refine their care models and continue to provide quality healthcare to their patients.
As a Customer Success Associate, you will play a crucial role in supporting our existing customers and ensuring their satisfaction. You will be the primary point of contact, providing essential support through various channels. Your responsibilities will include troubleshooting product issues, collaborating with other teams, and delivering timely and meaningful responses to customer inquiries.
- Oversee our support operations, ensuring responsive and comprehensive assistance to our users using multiple modalities including email, Slack, and Zendesk.
- Promptly resolve customer inquiries with thoughtful and effective solutions.
- Provide comprehensive troubleshooting and investigations to reach resolution to our customer inquiries or escalate further in the team.
- Craft user-centric documentation that simplifies our technology for all users.
- Collaborate with seasoned team members as mentors and contribute to important projects.
- Translate customer feedback into actionable insights for product and service enhancements.
- Keep in touch with customers, helping them meet their goals using our products.
- Keep abreast of product changes and industry trends to constantly refine your customer success strategies.
Your Journey (30/60/90 Days):
- You will complete a comprehensive onboarding and training program to ensure your success (first 30 days)
- You will start familiarizing yourself with our product and the tools available to our customers (first 30 days)
- You will gain a basic understanding of each element of our customers' care modeling and how to best support their needs (first 30 days)
- You will become actively involved in responding to our customers via help channels with support from the team (first 30 days)
- You will be the main point of contact for our help desk, and our customers will start recognizing you as a reliable source of assistance (first 60 days)
- You will be able to independently resolve basic help desk inquiries (first 60 days)
- You will become more familiar with the troubleshooting tools at your disposal and effectively document the steps you have taken (first 60 days)
- You will be proficient in managing our help desk and handling inquiries (first 90 days)
- You will know where to find the best resources for assistance and will not hesitate to consult the team (first 90 days)
- Our customers will have complete confidence that when they see your name on a response, they will receive a timely, accurate, and knowledgeable response or resolution (first 90s days)
You Are a Great Fit for This Position If You:
- You have a natural ability to empathize and understand the needs of our customers and the patients they care for, as well as our internal teams
- You have the ability to handle upset customers with grace and patience.
- You consistently strive to improve processes and never settle for the status quo.
- You possess a deep sense of curiosity and a strong determination to solve problems.
- You have developed troubleshooting skills and are always seeking innovative solutions.
- You have at least one year of hands-on experience working directly with patients or customers in a healthcare setting.
- You demonstrate an ownership mentality and take a proactive approach to overcoming challenges.
- You have a strong interest in healthcare technology and a desire to master new tools and systems, including API and SDK functionality.
- You communicate clearly, breaking down complex information into easily understandable advice for our customers.
- You are adaptable in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- You excel at building strong and supportive relationships with both customers and colleagues.
This Position Might Not Be a Good Fit If You:
- You are only successful in a very structured environment and are not flexible on the hours you work
- Are not inclined to ask questions or delve deeper to understand the 'how' and 'why' behind issues.
- Prefer to stick to standard procedures rather than exploring multiple avenues to resolve challenges.
- Are not enthusiastic about continuous learning, especially in technical or specialized areas.
- Find the dynamic nature of a tech-driven healthcare environment too demanding or stressful.
- Are more comfortable in roles with predictable, routine tasks rather than those requiring agile problem-solving.
Location: This role is open to candidates within the contiguous United States.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $50,000-80,000 for employees based in San Francisco. This position also is eligible for benefits and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and geographic location.
- Reliability Above All
- Customer Devotion
- Tension as a Teacher
- Invest in One Another
We are a fully remote, distributed team. We encourage people to do their work when and where they perform at their best. Because of this structure, strong written communication skills, time management skills, and personal accountability are very important to us.
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Home Office Stipend
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave (12 weeks)
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- Paid Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Canvas Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.