Axion Ray is a product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use data to build great products. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Join a fast-growing, early-stage startup with the chance to make a significant impact from day one. Our culture puts people first. We will encourage you to bring your full self to work and will set you up to succeed.
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead the development of Axion’s core platform
- Play an active role in planning and team meetings
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the overall engineering team
Who you are:
We are looking for a Principal Engineer, ideally with an enterprise B2B data focus, who:
- Can start by building our core platform hands-on while building out our team
- Has 5-10 years of experience leading system architecture design and product development for enterprise SaaS products
- Is an excellent communicator of product and engineering requirements and timelines
- Is experienced in development of modern cloud-native software and microservices (including CI, CD, security)
- Is proficient in front-end technologies like React, Vue.JS or Angular, preferably including data visualization on web platforms
- Well versed in modern Cloud Technologies and Hyperscaler environments (GCP) and container environments (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- Knows modern (SQL and No-SQL) database services (e.g. MongoDB) and how to use them
- Experience with data orchestration tooling (e.g. Dagster)
- Understands agile software development methodologies
- Has experience building integrations with enterprise data systems
- Has experience building software zero to one in startup environments
- Has experience with how to architect, build and scale modern data stack
Nice to have:
- Experience with data viz libraries like D3.js
- Experience with creating dynamic data visualization dashboards
- Experience with a growing company hiring a team
- Experience collaborating with data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Highly competitive compensation
- Meaningful equity
- Career development and leadership opportunities
- A great team
We bring a unique combination of technical and business skills, with company leaders from top tech companies like Spotify, business leadership from McKinsey, and automotive leadership from GM and Ford. We’re an interdisciplinary team that prizes collaboration & diversity of thinking
Who we are:
Axion Ray’s mission is to improve the quality and safety of engineered products - airplanes, electric vehicles, and medical devices, by creating the world’s best proactive management platform, powered by the latest advances in artificial intelligence.
We’re revolutionizing the way next-gen vehicles are made and are partnering with forward-looking engineering leaders to create and deploy AI models that will accelerate our speed to an electric and supersonic future. Axion leverages bleeding-edge tech & AI stack - including Generative AI and NLP/LLMs - to solve real-world problems.
Our team includes experts in Enterprise AI from Palantir, McKinsey & QuantumBlack, and other top tech companies. Since our founding at the onset of 2021, we’ve deployed across some of the largest Automotive and Aerospace companies in the world. If you want the chance to help build the future of engineering, join us!
Axion Ray is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.