Manufacturing Test Engineer
Our Mission at Scythe
Manufacturing Test Engineer at Scythe
The Production Engineering Team is looking for a talented Manufacturing Test Engineer to join our team to design and build testing equipment and software tools for the production line, as we scale from building tens of robots to building thousands. We anticipate filling this role with someone with the core skillset of an Electrical Engineer, but it could also be a fit for a Mechanical or Computer Engineer with the right background.
Our product has PCBA's, electric motors, batteries, and computer and network systems, and we need to install, configure, and test all of them in manufacturing. You will be the primary engineer establishing these tools and processes.
This is a multidisciplinary role, we are looking for a candidate who will design the electrical hardware, the mechanical hardware, and write the code. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed engineering environment, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Design and build tools (electrical, mechanical, and SW) to bring up PCBA's and other robot components on the production line.
- Design automated functional tests for robot system components: motors, batteries, circuit boards, cables, etc.
- Root cause analysis of test failures.
- Troubleshoot robot failures for robots both off the production line and in the field.
- Train users and support those tools in production.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 0-5 years professional experience.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental engineering concepts in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience with command line, git, and a scripting language like Python.
- Experience reading PCBA schematics and troubleshooting PCBA's.
- Comfort using oscilloscopes, multimeters and basic shop tools (drill press, band saw, 3D printer, laser cutter).
- Excellent communications skills.
What you’ve maybe done
- Experience designing and building test equipment for electronic systems. (ATE, Hi-Pot, bed-of-nails, ICT, etc)
- Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience with autonomous or robotic systems.
- Circuit board design in Altium or similar.
- Mechanical design in Soldiworks or anther CAD program.
- Built and refined full hardware+firmware+software projects on your own, either as a hobbyist, student or in professional capacity
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Manufacturing Test Engineer position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $70,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.