Creative Videographer (Contract)
Rho Business Banking
Rho is on a mission to make finance frictionless for business. Our team and technology power high-performing companies with an end-to-end finance platform that seamlessly enables teams to safely conduct and manage company cash and spending across commercial-grade banking, corporate cards, A/P and more.
About the Role
This is a freelance/contract position. As Rho's Creative Videographer, you'll be the cornerstone of our Social Media and Marketing team, taking complete ownership of our in-person video production. Collaborating with our product and design teams, you'll be in charge of conceptualizing, filming, and editing captivating, high-quality videos that clearly convey and elevate our brand's narrative towards our primary audience - finance teams. Your responsibilities will stretch over the entire landscape of in-person (non-animated) video production, which requires a distinct skill set. This includes creating innovative video concepts, conducting customer interviews, playing a critical role in our product launch campaigns, as well as handling audio/media sourcing. Your comprehensive in-person videography skills will not only result in compelling content but also shape Rho’s video marketing presence.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing, spearhead the ideation process, creating engaging, relevant, and innovative video content ideas to resonate across diverse platforms such as YouTube, LinkedIn, X.com, and other platforms we may explore.
- Develop and lead the entire video production process, from content ideation to filming and editing, for both short-form and long-form content across these platforms.
- Exhibit flexibility and creativity in crafting engaging, high-quality video content, understanding the unique characteristics and audiences of each platform.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing and other internal teams to ensure content alignment, coherence, and strategic relevance, while projecting Rho's efficacy in helping finance teams control spend and automate operations.
- Conduct interviews and engage with our customers and stakeholders to create compelling testimonial and case study videos, tailoring each to suit the guidelines and audiences of the respective platforms.
- Take charge of the entire post-production process, from editing and color correction to sound design and rendering, ensuring the specific content needs of both short-form and long-form videos are met.
- Consistently produce and deliver high-impact visual content that not only resonates with our target audiences, particularly CFOs, controllers, and finance teams but is also effective and strategic across all platforms in use.
- Actively participate in industry forums and networking events to stay informed about the latest marketing trends, understand platform-specific preferences among audiences, and uncover new content opportunities.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing, contribute to the team's primary goal of capturing the attention of more CFOs, controllers, and finance teams with our diverse content formats and platforms, promoting trust in Rho's ability to streamline operations, control spend, and enhance productivity
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a videography role, preferably in the SaaS or Fintech industries
- Demonstrable track record of creating compelling video content that drives views and engagement on various social platforms, along with a strong portfolio or demo reel to showcase such work
- Familiarity with modern production tools and software such as Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape and how video content engages audiences
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to drive interviews and engage with customers and other critical stakeholders
- Comfortable with part-time in-office culture, located in the Soho neighborhood of New York City
- Comfortable working with different equipment (Rode microphone, Canon cameras…)
Our people are our most valuable asset. This is a freelance/contract opportunity with the expectation of approximately 20 hours worked per week, depending on current projects and initiatives. The hourly rate is between $60-$70 per hour. The compensation may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Diversity is a core value at Rho. We’re passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all those involved with our mission, including employees, contractors, candidates, customers and vendors. We believe every member of the Rho community enriches our ability to provide a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the market, identify problems, and drive solutions that align with our mission. We welcome all qualified applications and support each of our Rho’ers with ongoing professional growth opportunities.