Public is an investing platform that allows people to invest in stocks, ETFs, treasuries, crypto, art, collectibles, and more – all in one place.
Public’s platform helps people be better investors with access to custom company metrics, live shows about the markets, and real-time analysis. Members control how they invest with a suite of powerful tools, and get insights from a community of millions of investors, creators, and analysts.
Since 2019, Public has raised over $300 million. Investors include Accel, Tiger Global, Will Smith's Dreamers VC, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital, as well as renowned figures in business and culture, like Maria Sharapova, Tony Hawk, and NYU Stern professor Scott Galloway.
What you’ll do:
As an important hire for the accounting team at Public, you will have a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, you will be helping with all things accounting including financial reporting, month-end closing, processes and controls improvement, and other special projects. This is the perfect position for an individual who is not only interested in performing corporate accounting duties but also stepping outside their comfort zone to provide support in all areas of a high-growth startup.
- Manage the month-end close and reporting process to ensure an accurate and timely close.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounting operations, with a focus on process improvements and automation.
- Assist in financial reporting for our broker dealer subsidiary
- Work closely with part time bookkeeper for Danish subsidiary and consolidation to parent company
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies.
- Coordinate with our external tax firm/technical accounting advisory firm to help with different matters.
- Assist the Director of Accounting with technical accounting research, and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Support the year-end financial audit, working directly with auditors to ensure a smooth and timely process.
- Support team in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of financial statement auditing, financial accounting or similar experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, and vast experience in a range of accounting topics.
- Strong data analysis and reconciliation skill, and experience with complex user fund flow structures.
- Experience in building best-in-class operational policies and processes to streamline accounting processes.
- Experience with NetSuite and AP automation system
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and think strategically in a fast-paced startup environment
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with Fintech company
- Experience with a high-growth startup
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
The pay range for this position in NYC is $125,000-$155,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.