Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the role
The mobile engineer owns the development of mobile apps and SDK responsible for enabling transactions on Android-compatible devices. This specific role will implement and develop an SDK that integrates with Finix APIs and payment providers to collect payments using various terminals. This role will be involved in developing SDK for developing accepting credit card, ACH, and Google Pay payments.
- Work with product management to create specifications.
- Work with various vendors to understand specifications and implement their libraries.
- Work with native payment methods, Bluetooth functionality, Storage, location, and various features.
- Own the implementation, best practices, and infrastructure within your domain. Develop close relationships with product management and peer engineers.
- Proactively improve our architecture, frameworks, tooling, automation, and best practices.
- Comfortable continuously delivering code, infrastructure, and tests throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Able to lead proposals, design, and architect systems through research into use cases
- Obsessed with finding edge cases, understanding requirements, and design implications.
- Proactive in monitoring running systems and troubleshooting production issues.
- Committed to communicating and working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the delivery of quality code and features.
- 3-5 years of experience working on mobile applications development
- Professional experience developing publicly available Android apps using Kotlin/Java supported by RESTful web services
- Participation from inception to launch using automated tooling of at least one publicly available app
- Experience with Dependency Injection with tools such as Koin
- Experience with memory storage, management, and persistence Experience with Jetpack Libraries, Navigation, and Compose
- Experience with Test Driven Development, and Test Automation
- Experience working on developing Android SDK/libraries Experience developing MVVM + Clean Architecture applications and developing libraries suited for varied app architectures
- AOSP experience is a bonus