Programming & Event Manager, London
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Programming & Event Manager, UK at Chief is instrumental as we continue to build and develop our in-person events for Chief members internationally. While the primary goal of this role will be to produce events locally for the UK there will be some collaboration on virtual events for our global Chief Membership. Part programmer and part event producer, you’ll be at the crux of experience for our UK members. The ideal candidate has a pulse on industry trends and culturally relevant topics and is a storyteller by nature. This role will help contribute ideas, book talent, develop workshops and conversations and plan and produce the logistics of these events and others for Chief’s UK market and some events for all of our Chief members globally.
This role will report directly to the Director of Programming based in the US and work in close collaboration with our larger event, programming team, community, clubhouse, and brand teams to bring our in-person events to life. This role dotted lines into the VP of Membership, UK. This role is remote eligible but requires attending in-person events in London multiple times a month.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate, develop, and manage a compelling slate of events specifically for our UK market with the end goals of member satisfaction, member retention, and brand awareness.
- Manage the production lifecycle of events hosted by Chief from planning through execution and reconciliation, tasks include but are not limited to; deadline management, invitation creation, internal and external announcements, UX testing, pre-event tasks (talent, talent bookers, A/V, catering, rentals, photographers, vendors, etc.), staffing support, reporting, managing event supplies, research and ordering, and production of all event elements.
- Execute end-to-end event processes and projects to deliver high quality in-person and virtual events.
- Follow and create systems to track the booking and forward planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met and work closely with other departments to ensure events deliver on business goals
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our UK member base and having an understanding of the needs, wants and unique attributes of our members
- Work closely with the local Clubhouse teams to ensure local events are executed to our standards and with the Community team to understand our local member base and their needs.
- Contribute ideas and strategy in development of world-class programming and initiatives that are touchstone moments for our UKl market across different industries and demographics.
- Development of event content, including: scripts, in-person discussions, and moderator questions for a variety of events
- With a pulse on industry and leadership trends, you’ll filter and discover experts that resonate with our member profile
- Manage and nurture the speaker’s experience from booking, developing the content, satisfaction, and overall partnership.
- Identify moderators within our membership for conversations
- Work with our marketing team to frame event topics and to attract attendance through pre-event marketing communication. In addition, you’ll work with our brand team for necessary approvals related to post-event editorial content.
- Helping to keep database and master calendars up to date
- Ability to work with remote teams to scale programs as we launch in new markets.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Extensive proven experience in events or editorial with a keen eye towards content and programming, event programming, cultural event production experience
- Proven experience in in-person event production and virtual event programming
- Must be able to travel to in-person events in London multiple times a month
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deep understanding of and passion for Chief’s mission and existing community and the passion to help grow and further this as we grow
- Extraordinary relationship building skills
- Willing to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings due to a consistent events schedule
- Curious, with a pulse on culture, brands, and trends in events, you are no stranger to deep research spirals on Wikipedia, YouTube, podcasts, blogs, and more.
- Self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence, always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- A strong contributor in a high growth environment, no task is too big or too small. You are constantly thinking about iterating on our systems by asking "how can we do this better?"
- Reliable and up to date contacts for sourcing and booking potential speakers talent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite Products is a must
- Knowledge of Zoom, Airtable, Slack, Salesforce, and Notion are a plus
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy, Bank Holidays and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: 88,445 GBP.
Chief Privacy Notice
Something looks off?