Full Stack Developer
CarmaCare is on a mission to make car ownership more affordable and convenient for everyone. We are building a proprietary healthcare for your car subscription service that provides a seamless end to end digital experience and gives consumers peace of mind for any surprise out of pocket repair bills. We are leveraging technology and data to disrupt the analog and antiquated $40 billion Auto Warranty/Vehicle Service Contract space.
CarmaCare is backed by some of the most well respected venture capitalists in the world. We are founded by two entrepreneurs with deep experience in FinTech / InsurTech, multiple exits, and 3 unicorns created. Come help us build the fourth!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect, design and build systems across the entire user experience (end-customer facing, back-end systems, agent and partner interfaces, underwriting engines, etc)
- Build software that will actually get used!
- Serve as integral voice in product design, prioritization, and deployment
- Lay the infrastructure for immense future scale
- Cultural champion for the engineering org. Help us build the company you want to work for.
- Help recruit and interview to build out the organization
- 3+ years Elixir/Phoenix/Erlang/TypeScript
- Comfortable with small, venture backed startups
- Self-starter. You will be the first technical hire!
- Experience building low-latency RESTful APIs
- Experience in ecommerce is a strong plus
- Experience with AI / underwriting engines is a plus
- Eager to learn and grow as an engineer, a leader and an entrepreneur
- Preference given to candidates in Chicago, but remote is also welcome
- Flexible office environment (unlimited work from wherever)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Health / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO